Monday, February 20, 2012

Dreamy Culinary Playgrounds for Adults


My favorite room in the house is undoubtedly our Kitchen.  The Great House has helped so many people finally get their dream kitchens that I thought it would be a good thing to show a few of ours and a few that just are wonderful.



When you think of how much time is spent in the kitchen you realize it truly should be one of your favorite spaces.  There are so many ways to simply "tweak" a space that already has great potential and then of course if you are brave and up to it, just gut the thing and get what you want!







Two years ago my talented Husband Ken surprised me with a Walnut Island top that he himself had crafted, pictures below.  It was the best Christmas gift ever.  My cook top sits lovingly in that walnut top and has been a wonderful surface if any of you are worried about wood and a cook top sitting in it.  The first year I used to just go into the kitchen and stroke the walnut.  My Husband and I both have a weakness for the beautiful multi-tasking tree.



And I imagine the most important point to make is this, If your kitchen is classic, whether that be classic in the truest sense or classic contemporary, it never seems to go out of style.  And in this day of everything only being hip for an instant, that should bring you comfort.





Now.......go enjoy what should be the Center of your Home, and get creative with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment